Best Free Anti virus apps for Android Mobile users.
- Antivirus, anti-malware, and safe browsing features baked in.
- Anti-theft functionality includes Google Maps integration, picture taking support, and scream mode.
- Currently boasts a 100% detection rate.
- Light on system resources makes it good for older devices.
- It doesn't make you breakfast?
CM Security Anti Virus App Download
2. 360 Security – Antivirus Boost [Price: Free]First up is 360 Mobile Security. This full featured and free application does pretty much everything you’d expect in an antivirus Android app. It scans and removes threats, cleans your device, and some additional stuff like a privacy adviser and data monitor. It’s highly rated with a 4.5 rating in the Play Store.
- Totally free with ad support.
- Scans and deletes threats and keeps an eye out for others with features like privacy adviser.
- Has functionality to clean devices from old files left behind by apps, corrupted files, and other trash that should be gone.
- Built in data monitor for those who need that.
- Helps users avoid WebView vulnerability by recommending Google Chrome to people who still use the old browser (Android 4.0-4.3).
- It could use some anti-theft features like some of these other apps.
360 Security – Antivirus App Download
- Very simple. Just install, run the scan, remove the crap, and the app sits and waits for more threats.
- Antivirus, anti-malware, and anti-phishing.
- Very light so it's great for older devices and that also means a shorter permissions list.
- If you need more features and more protection, look elsewhere.
Bitdefender Anti Virus App Download
4. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware [Price: Free]The famous (and free) PC anti-malware tool made its way onto Android back in late 2013. Despite some early hiccups, the general consensus about Malwarebytes is that it’s a positive force in Android security. This app focuses more on removing threats and preventing them. The developers have also significantly decreased bloat over its competitors. If you need something simple and free, this is a good option.
- Much like its PC counterpart, this app is lightweight and focuses only on stopping or removing malware.
- Also scans for apps that may be abusing their permissions, such as location or other personal information.
- It's totally free.
- Recognizes that Android Device Manager exists as a reason for not having anti-theft. We like smart people who say smart things. The app also integrates directly into Android Device Manager.
- Whitelist approved apps for customized security.
- There have been a few hiccups here and there that expect will get fixed.
- Some of the features may be a tad overzealous sometimes which may be annoying.
Malwarebytes Anti Malware App Download
Includes your standard antivirus and anti-malware scanning features.
Secure web browsing features are included.
Data backup and device location services are also included.
Candid Camera Theif ID is pretty much what it sounds like. Take a picture of those theives!
You may have problems uninstalling this one because of the security features. It's doable but tedious.
TrustGo’s Antivirus & Mobile security App Download